Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Interesting


If you will recall, I posted this after my first day in India:

"Tonight, Berea asked me a question that was extremely hard to answer, yet I knew that it was something I needed to think about. She asked me:

If you could ask God one question, what would it be, and why? 

Finally, I came up with my answer. How could He, the maker of the universe, the All-power, All-mighty, Omniscient God let this happen? What makes one child more cared for than another? Why do I live in complete comfort, with everything I have ever wanted or ever needed, when there are children who are starving. Why are there children in India who are cared for, and loved, and then there are others who live on the streets, wondering if they are going to eat tonight. It just doesn't seem fair, and I don't understand it."

I find it interesting, because after all my days in India, after all the experiences, the way I answered this the first night, is the way I would answer it now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment